Even though Pit Bull’s can be very muscular, they still have to take a routine slowly, when they start. They are only dogs, not machines.
- When you start them, try to get your dog to run for 10 minutes or if they have been doing it for a while have them do a 20 minute run.
- Warm them up before you start. You could walk them around the block, or just around the back yard. Remember they must get a cool down session too, so once they are done running, you can walk them around the block again. This will give them a warm up, a routine workout, and then a cool down.
- If you rub their fur down, with your hands, or with gloves, it helps to keep the blood flowing and it will prevent them from getting cramps.
- Never leave your dog on the treadmill alone.
- 5-10 minute warm-up routine
- 10-20 minute run routine (depending on condition of stamina)
- 5-10 minute cool down routine
- 5 minutes of rubbing the sides of their body, to prevent cramps. (you do not want them suffering)